2015 International Festival Volunteer Performers
About the volunteer performers
The Entertainment Selection Committee reviews all applications to determine if volunteer performers meet the festival’s mission and goals while reserving the right to decline any application at their sole discretion. All performers must agree to comply with event rules and regulations. For more information, please contact the Arts & Humanities Office at (580) 581-3470, 581-3471 or e-mail email@example.com
The following requirements must be met to be considered:
• Performances must meet the International Festival’s Purpose and Mission to:
1) Give ethnic organizations an opportunity to display aspects of their culture;
2) Provide educational opportunities about the diverse cultures in our community;
3) Develop a festival that will promote a positive image of Lawton throughout the state
and have a significant economic impact through tourism.
• All applications must include:
1) A list of the country/countries or cultures represented in your program;
2) A short explanation of how your program meets the mission of the festival;
3) A brief description of your program (i.e. dance, band, vocal, rock, C&W, jazz, etc).
• All performances must be family oriented. Profanity and/or any actions deemed offensive or distasteful by the International Festival Committee and/or staff will be cause for immediate cancellation of performance and may hinder your group from performing at future International Festivals.
• First time applicants must submit DVD/CD of typical performance and two references. References can be from teachers, and/or and officials from venues where they have performed.
The following performers were selected and this represents over 300 indivduals with over 100 of them under the age of 16. We salute their sponsors and our youth! Please note that there may be some changes beyond the festival's control.
Entertainment Line Up
The International Festival Committee is please to announce that the 2015 Volunteer Performers are:
ABKA Lionheart Karate
Aislinn & The Snake River Gang
Cameron University Pan Express
Cross Towne Groove Band
Every Generation In Christ
Filipino-American Association of Lawton/Fort Sill
Glimpses of India
Good Friends & Dulcimers
Hank Poppe Telescope Viewing
John Adams Kickin Patriots & Music Express
Kealii’s Polynesian Spectacular
Kickers of Lawton
Lawton Harmony Chorus - Sweet Adelines
Mexican Folkloric Dancers
Museum of the Great Plains’ Ancient art of Suminagashi
Obscura Dance Company
Oceano Salsa Club
Ruben International Group
South Central District Square Dancers.
In addition, Saturday at 5:30pm, the 77th US Army Band’s “Fuego N Klave” will perform. Then at 8:00pm, the 77th US Army Band’s "Centerfire w/ Costello's Own" and "Oozlefinch Horns Big Band" take the stage.