Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
|SENIOR EQUIPMENT OPERATOR|
|Location:||Public Works Department / Traffic Control Division|
|Beginning Salary:||$1,054.40 bi-weekly|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
Operates a variety of light equipment utilized in construction, maintenance and repair activities; performs a variety of semi-skilled tasks in maintenance of traffic control systems, streets, and property maintenance activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Stripes and marks city streets.
- Fabricates, installs and maintains all signage under the jurisdiction of the City.
- Operates medium equipment such as riding paint striper, thermoplastic striper, and pole-cat and trucks from pick-up to dump truck size; variety of hand tools, welder and cutting torch , paint sprayers and other tools for applying paint, thermoplastic equipment, propane bottles, jack hammers and air drills, compressors, generators, power tools and mobile radios.
- Works activities which require barricading and blocking of streets and proper signage. Performs crew chief duties in charge of small crews.
- Controls traffic in and around job sites.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Performs some or all of the duties of laborer as required or assigned.
- Assists in the construction, erection, and maintenance of traffic signals.
- Performs a variety of activities when on call requiring making decisions to correct problems in after-hours situations.
- Maintains maps identifying all city streets.
- Knowledge of equipment operating principles; working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in street, traffic control and the ability to understand and apply the standards set forth by the “Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices”.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions; ability to establish effective working relationships with others; ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying conditions and ability to perform competently on excavation sites.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and must obtain an Oklahoma Class “A” CDL within six months of date of hire and pass the written portion within 30 days of date of hire .
- Due to Oklahoma State licensing requirements for this position, an original or certified true copy of your birth certificate must be made available before a conditional offer for a job can be made.
- Graduation from high school, vocational school or possession of a GED.
- Four (4) years experience working with light equipment and around medium and heavy equipment, two (2) of which must have been related to streets, traffic control systems, and property maintenance activities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.