Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
|Location:||WasteWater Treatment Plant|
|Beginning Salary:||$1,100.80 bi-weekly|
|Closing Date:||5:00 pm August 21, 2015|
Provides a variety of skilled and technical work participating in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant on an assigned shift.
Essential Job Functions
- Knowledge of the safe practices and procedures for handling chemicals associated with a wastewater treatment plant.
- Ability to accurately follow procedures and understand instructions. Ability to detect faulty operating characteristics in equipment.
- Inspects treatment plant equipment and related equipment for proper operation. Maintains appearance of clarifers, buildings and plant grounds.
- May assist plant mechanic.
- Ensures plant is in full compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Operates heavy equipment such as backhoes, dump trucks and semi-trucks, etc.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Possession of a Class “A” Oklahoma commercial driver’s license or must pass the written test within 30 days and obtain the license within six (6) months of date of employment..
- Ability to obtain an Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality Class “C” Wastewater Certification within one (1) year of date of hire and a Class “C” Wastewater Lab certification within one (1) year of date of hire.
- Must be willing to work shift work, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Graduation from an accredited high school, vocational school or possess a GED.
- Experience in operation of electrical and mechanical equipment similar to that used in a treatment plant.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.