Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
|Location:||Lawton Public Library|
|Closing Date:||5:00 pm December 1, 2015|
|Status:||Part-time 20 hours per week|
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings and weekends.
Primary worker function is in the Main Library in the Public Services Area or Circulation. Work involves returning library materials to their proper locations. Other routine clerical duties may be assigned which will be defined with procedures and instructions.
Essential Job Functions
- Moves and shelves books and other library materials.
- Sets up and helps plan and implements library programs.
- Assists with library sponsored programs.
- Organizes newspapers and magazines.
- Assists with mobile book programs.
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal system, alphabetical order, library procedures and practices.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with others
- Knowledge of basic math and English.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Graduation from High school or GED equivalent (may consider a high school student if a junior or senior).
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
EOE, AA Employer/Vets/Disability