Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
|LANDFILL SCALE ATTENDANT PART TIME|
|Location:||Solid Waste Disposal|
|Beginning Salary:||$11.42 per hour|
Open until filled
|Status:||Part-time 7:30 am to 5:30 pm Friday and Saturday|
This job is located in the Public Works Department, Solid Waste Disposal Division and is under the supervision of the Landfill Superintendent and Deputy Public Works Director. The major job function is maintaining the availability and proper use of the landfill facilities for the general public during the hours of operation as posted. Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Knowledge of the City Code governing solid waste collection and disposal. Knowledge of State of Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality regulations regarding disposal requirements and accepted material.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to do simple clerical work and perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public and to work with others.
- Ability to obtain a State of Oklahoma NHIW (Non-Hazardous industrial waste) certification and perform screenings on all loads brought to the City of Lawton Landfill.
- Weighs vehicles, collects fees, records tickets for charge accounts.
- Checks vehicles for covered or secured loads as required by City ordinance.
- Directs vehicles to the correct dumping location and enforces the rules and procedures pertaining to the landfill.
- Answers questions to the public concerning the landfill operation and admits only authorized dumping activities.
- Informs the public of the rules and procedures concerning their use of the landfill. Keeps simple records and makes simple written reports.
- Performs custodial work in scale room/break area of facility.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Graduation from an accredited high school, vocational school or possession of a GED equivalent
EOE, AA Employer/Vets/Disability