CURRENT CITY JOB RECRUITMENTS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or qualified disability.
To learn where in the hiring process a position is please refer to the following comments on the above table:
Applications closed-the closing date for accepting applications has occurred.
In interview phase-the applications have been reviewed by HR and the division and are at the division level for interview(s)
Position offered-the position has been offered to an applicant who is in the hiring process
Position filled-the applicant has completed the hiring process successfully and has been given a starting date
Notes Regarding the Individual Job Listings
If the job listing is open until filled, the recruitment is subject to closing without notice.
- Requirements stated are minimum requirements that may, in many cases be satisfied by other combinations of experience and education that provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work. The minimum qualifications may not be sufficient for placement on the eligible list.
Typing/spelling/ 10 key tests if required must be taken in the Human Resources office and be less than one (1) year old. Tests may be taken on a walk in basis between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:15 pm. A picture ID is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit test scores. Tests must be on file prior to closing date of position.
- For 24-hour recorded job vacancy information, call (580) 581-3392 ext. 3010.
- For TDD assistance for the hearing/speech impaired, call (580) 581-3398.
- To contact us by email, HR@cityof.lawton.ok.us
- For general information, (580) 581-3392
Obtaining Job Applications
- Online. A PDF (Adobe Acrobat) version of our application.Other formats are not available. Firefighter and Police Officer applications are NOT available on line.
- In person. Pick up applications at the City of Lawton Information deck located in the atrium(west entrance) at the new City Hall 212 SW 9th from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (except City holidays).
- By U.S. Mail. To request an application by mail call (580) 581-3392 or e-mail us at HR@cityof.lawton.ok.us. Applications will only be mailed out of area. E-mail requests for applications must include the job title as it appears in Current Job Listings and your mailing address.
- Completed applications are to be returned to the Human Resources office located on the 2nd floor of the new City Hall located at 212 SW 9th., Lawton, OK 73501 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- This may be done by mail or in person. Applications must be received by 5PM on the posted closing date, unless stated differently on job announcement.
- If the application includes a related supplement, both must be returned by the closing date.