Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
|Location:||Police Department / Technical Services Division|
|Beginning Salary:||$952.80 bi-weekly|
|Closing Date:||5 pm October 2, 2015|
|Status:||Full-time SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION REQUIRED|
Position is located in the Police Department, Technical Services Division. The major job function involves the physical and custodial care of inmates and the day-to-day operation and general upkeep of the Municipal City Jail. The employee provides meals for inmates and tends to disciplinary requirements of inmates.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to adapt to different situations and to be observant.
- Knowledge of procedures for routine checks of prisoners.
- Ability to fingerprint and photograph prisoners.
- Ability to obtain and retain certification as a ‘Jailer” by the State of Oklahoma; ability to obtain and retain certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to work with co-workers, other departmental employees as well as employees of different departments, external agencies and the general public.
- Must be able to work shifts, evenings, holidays, days, nights and/or irregular hours.
- Prepares meals and provides bedding for prisoners; orders food, supplies and maintains jail roster.
- Supervises trustee prisoners’ daily work; routinely checks prisoners.
- Supervises visiting hours.
- Prepares inmates for court appearances and transfer to other facilities.
Requirement-Education & Experience
- Graduation from a standard high school or possess a GED.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
EOE, AA Employer/Vets/Disability