Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
|Location:||Traffic Control Division|
|Beginning Salary:||$981.60 bi-weekly|
|Closing Date:||Open untill filled|
Operates a variety of light equipment utilized in construction, maintenance and repair activities; performs a variety of semi-skilled tasks in maintenance of street, traffic control, storm drainage systems and property maintenance activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Knowledge of equipment operating principles.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment and tools used in municipal traffic control.
- Ability to understand and follow oral or written instructions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying conditions.
- Ability to classify soils and perform competently on excavation sites.
- Ability to make changes or corrections to keep job in line with MUTCD standards and procedures.
- Ability to lay out and plan progression of job; performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on trucks and equipment.
- Insures proper traffic diversion in and around job sites according to MUTCD safety standards. Installation, maintenance and repair of signs.
- Performs signal maintenance and repair. Regularly serves as crew chief of two or more individuals.
- Must be available at all times during assigned period.
- Possession of valid driver’s license, and a Class "B" Oklahoma Commercial driver’s license or pass the written test within 30 days and successfully complete the driving test prior to 6 months from date of hire.
- Due to Oklahoma State licensing requirements for this position, an original or certified true copy of your birth certificate or passport must be made available before a conditional offer for a job can be made.
- Graduation from an accredited high school, vocational school or possession of a GED equivalent.
EOE /AA Employer /Vets/Disability