Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
|ANIMAL WELFARE OFFICER|
|Location:||Animal Welfare Division|
|Beginning Salary:||$1,024.00 bi-weekly|
|Closing Date:||5:00 pm August 15, 2015|
The Animal Welfare Officer performs technical work as part of field operations of the Animal Welfare Division.
Essential Job Functions
Document any experience related to working with or handling of animals.
- Ability to work with animals without fear; skill in handling animals.
- Issues citations; responds to citizen complaints. Rescues and captures loose, sick or stray animals. Appears in court to provide testimony and present evidence.
- Knowledge of the city’s geography and animal husbandry techniques as well as small animal/livestock behavior.
- Ability to keep records and prepare reports, interpret ordinances and explain provisions thereof to the public; to communicate effectively; to effectively deal with the public
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing; of modern office practices, procedures and equipment;
- Ability to use a base radio, two way radio and knowledge of Federal Communications Commission rules and regulations.
- Graduation from an accredited high school, vocational school or possess a GED.
- At least four (4) years experience as a kennel worker, veterinarian’s assistant or similar position working with animals, code enforcement background, law enforcement or related experience a plus. Verifiable volunteer work in lieu of paid employment experience will also be considered.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Required to successfully complete a course of training for Animal Welfare Officers as specified by the City.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a state animal euthanasia certificate within 6 months of hire.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.