Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
|Location:||Police Technical Division|
|Beginning Salary:||$1,054.40 bi-weekly beginning salary|
|Closing Date:||5 pm February 8, 2016|
|Status:||Full-time Supplement page required with application|
Position is located in the Police Department, Technical Services Division. The major job function involves the physical and custodial care of inmates and the day-to-day operation and general upkeep of the Municipal City Jail. The employee provides meals for inmates and tends to disciplinary requirements of inmates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to adapt to different situations and to be observant.
- Knowledge of procedures for routine checks of prisoners.
- Ability to fingerprint and photograph prisoners.
- Ability to obtain and retain certification as a ‘Jailer” by the State of Oklahoma; ability to obtain and retain certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to work with co-workers, other departmental employees as well as employees of different departments, external agencies and the general public.
- Must be able to work shifts, evenings, holidays, days, nights and/or irregular hours.
- Prepares meals and provides bedding for prisoners; orders food, supplies and maintains jail roster.
- Supervises trustee prisoners’ daily work; routinely checks prisoners.
- Supervises visiting hours.
- Prepares inmates for court appearances and transfer to other facilities.
- Graduation from a standard high school or possess a GED.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
APPLY: City of Lawton Human Resources (HR) Department 212 SW 9th St., Lawton, OK 73501 or http://www.cityof.lawton.ok.us/hr
(580) 581-3392 JOB LINE (580) 581-3392 x3010 TDD (580) 581-3398 FAX (580) 581-3530
Conditions of Employment: Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement. The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. EOE, AA Employer/Vets/Disability
EOE, AA Employer/Vets/Disability