LAWTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
Welcome to the Lawton Fire Department. We are proud to serve the 97,000 citizens of Lawton and assist the surrounding communities. Our department consists of 143 authorized members covering 81 square miles. The Lawton Fire Department consists of 3 divisions: Operations, Prevention, and Training. We have 7 separate fire stations located throughout the city; each designated to an assigned service area. Plans for an 8th station to be constructed in southwest Lawton are also under way. From heavily populated urban areas to less populated rural areas, we are pleased to assist whenever and wherever needed. If you would like more information or to schedule a tour, please contact us at the Central Fire Station, (580) 581-3280.
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Lawton Fire Department (LFD) is to carry out the functions of controlling the incident in a safe, professional, and efficient manner in order to keep injuries, loss of life, and property damage to a minimum and to strive for excellence through continuous education.
Request for Incident Reports:
To request Incident Reports from the Lawton Fire Department, please complete the form located HERE and remit $5.00 made payable to the CITY OF LAWTON to the following address:
Lawton Fire Department
Fire Prevention Division
1701 SW Lee Blvd
Lawton, OK 73501-5698
In the event you would like the report to be faxed or emailed, please provide the fax number or email address for where you would like the report sent. If there is no fax number or email address provided, the report will be mailed to the address given on the form.
Site Assessment Requests should be sent via email to: Beverly Sinor, or mailed to 1701 SW Lee Blvd. Lawton, OK 73501. The Prevention Division can be reached by phone at (580) 581-3299.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of frequently asked questions. The answers can be revealed by clicking on each question line. If you have further questions, please give us a call at (580) 581-3300 and we'll be glad to help! Thank you!
+ How do I create a fire escape plan?
- Home fire escape planning outreach materials are provided free by the U.S. Fire Administration. Please see their webpage for more information HERE
+ What smoke detectors are recommended?
- Smoke alarm outreach materials are provided free by the National Fire Protection Association. Please see their webpage for more information HERE
+ What carbon monoxide detectors are recommended?
- Carbon monoxide detector information is provided free by the National Fire Protection Association. Please see their webpage for more information HERE
+ How often should I test my detectors?
- The Lawton Fire Department recommends that you test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors at least once a month.
+ Where do I find burn ban information?
- Current burn ban information is provided by the Oklahoma Forestry Services department. You can find a map and more information on burn bans at their webpage HERE
+ What is the average response time?
- The Lawton Fire Department is notified by the 911 dispatcher of all emergency medical problems or incidents. Typically our staff leave the station within 1 minute of receiving the call. The nearest engine is able to respond at an average time of 4 minutes anywhere in town.
+ Does the Lawton Fire Department offer public tours?
- The Lawton Fire Department is happy to offer free tours to the public, based on availability. Please call our main office at (580) 581-3280 for scheduling information.