Parks and Recreation Department
(580) 529-2663 Fax (580) 529-2815
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2010 3:15 P.M.
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER WITH ROLL CALL AND WELCOMING OF VISITORS.
CONSIDER MINUTES OF THE SEPTEMBER 8, 2010 SPECIAL CALLED MEETING.
AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION: Anyone having an item of business to present to the Board that does not appear on the agenda please come forward.
1. Welcoming new Commission member, Mike Stavin
2. Consider and take appropriate action to elect a Co-chairman for the Lakes and Lands Commission.
3. Discuss and take appropriate action if necessary to change the Elk Permit fee.
4. Discuss and take appropriate action if
necessary to only allow residents living within
5. Discuss and take appropriate action if necessary to establish a minimum per acre amount for bidding on agricultural leases on City of Lawton Lakes and Lands property.
6. Discuss the need for information signage on rules and regulations for the general public at the lakes and the location of where those signs are needed.
7. Discuss the need for public directional
signage to the lakes (Lawtonka and Ellsworth) from Hwy 49, 58, 115 and Hwy 9
from Apache and Carnegie and exiting Hwy I- 44 from
8. Discuss the need for buoys to mark obstacles in the lakes.
9. Receive presentation by Lakes Administrator: (1) Procedure for the collection of camping fees, (2) Procedure for collection of past due fees, (3) Procedure and success of the lock out system for camping sites.
A. Reports from Parks and Recreation Director, Kim Shahan.
B. Reports from Parks and Grounds Administrator, Gerald Catlett.
C. Reports from
D. Reports from
"The City of Lawton encourages participation from all of its citizens. If participation at any public meeting is not possible due to a disability, notification to the City Clerk at (580) 581-3305 at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting is encouraged to make the necessary accommodations. The City may waive the 48-hour rule if an interpreter for the deaf (signing) is not the necessary accommodation."