Month 1995-1 January
Meeting of 1995-1-10 Regular Meeting
LAWTON CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
JANUARY 10, 1995 - 6:00 P.M.
COUNCIL CHAMBER - WAYNE GILLEY CITY HALL
John T. Marley, Mayor, Also Present:
Presiding Gil Schumpert, City Manager
Felix Cruz, City Attorney
Brenda Smith, City Clerk
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Mayor Marley.
Notice of meeting and agenda were posted on the City Hall
bulletin board as required by law.
Present: Jeff Sadler, Ward One
Babe Whatley, Ward Two
Thomas Leon, Ward Four
Alvis Kennedy, Ward Five
Richard Zarle, Ward Six
Leila Barfield, Ward Seven
Robert Mitchell, Ward Eight
Jim Branscum, At-Large No. 1
Absent: Jerry Shelton, Ward Three
Glen Alford, At-Large No. 2
AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION: Guy Rogers suggested happy faces be put
on all caution lights.
1. Res. No. 95-1 on condemnation of 1601 SW Wisconsin.
2. Ordinance on storage and parking of motor vehicles tabled
to January 24.
4. Ord. No. 95-1 rezoning of 6920 SW Lee Blvd. to C-1.
5. Ordinance rezoning 1806 SW 7th Street denied.
6. Hearing and amendment to 17th Year CDBG Objectives - add
funding for microenterprise project - $20,000.
7. CIP public hearing held.
8. Audit report accepted.
9. Res. setting dates for 1995 election of officers; Charter
amendment; telecommunication (cablevision) ordinance did not
receive six votes required to pass resolution.
10. Request of Cotton County Rural Water #2 for sale of
treated water approved.
11. Ord. No. 95-2 on landfill fees - change from ton to cubic
12. Res. No. 95-2 on landfill fees - change from ton to cubic
yard charge; charges amended.
13. Plans approved, emergency declared, bid awarded on 1700
Block of NW Bell Avenue Sewer Main - Joe's Backhoe Service.
14. Ord. No. 95-3 on exempt employees.
15. Development of Consolidated Plan - Option 1 approved.
ADDENDUM: Res. 95-3 workers' comp. approved on Dudley Teeter
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
16. Res. No. 95-4 on traffic control.
17. Denial of traffic control requests.
18. Street Light Resolution No. 381.
19. Receipt of bird depredation permit from U.S. Fish and
21. Singleton authorized to update appraisal on KCA land -
22. Construction contract awarded for Elmer Thomas Park
Waterline to Dobbs Washita Construction for $48,780 for base bid
plus alternate #1.
23. Vehicles: Boyd Chevrolet; purchase orders to State
Contract vendors: Larry Spencer Chevrolet, John Smicklas
Chevrolet & Geo, Inc., and Quality Chevrolet.
24. Beverages for City jail: Farmer Brothers.
25. Bunker boots: Casco Industries, Inc.
26. Portable air compressor: Kirby-Smith Machinery.
27. Mowing equipment: Standridge of Duncan, Easton's Inc.;
purchase order to Country Home Products for $1,163.66.
28. Extended contract for laboratory analysis for diazinon:
Inchcape Testing/NDRC Laboratories thru 11/9/95 at same terms.
29. Extended contract for building materials: Currell Lumber
thru 1/25/96 at same terms.
30. Mayor's Appointments: Housing Authority: Cynthia Johnson,
Wayne Krug; Commission on Status of Women: Pattir J. McIntyre.
31. Payroll approved.
32. City v. Crescent Construction - no action.
33. Claim of Joan Bias - no action.
34. Appointment of Ken Harris as Municipal Judge; item to be
returned at January 24 agenda.
REPORTS: Branscum called for staff to see if there was a way to
have tighter control on door to door salesmen. Mitchell asked
citizens to report them. Whatley asked to be included in any
meetings where the "junk car" ordinance is to be discussed.
ADJOURNED AT: 9:34 p.m.