Month 1994-3 March
Meeting of 1994-3-8 Regular Meeting
LAWTON CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
MARCH 8, 1994 - 6:00 P.M.
COUNCIL CHAMBER - WAYNE GILLEY CITY HALL
John T. Marley, Mayor, Also Present:
Presiding Robert Hopkins, City Manager
Felix Cruz, City Attorney
Brenda Smith, City Clerk
The meeting was called to order at 6:50 p.m. by Mayor Marley. Notice of meeting and
agenda were posted on the City Hall bulletin board as required by law.
Present Jeffrey Sadler, Ward One
Michael Brown, Ward Two
Jerry Shelton, Ward Three
Jana Barker, Ward Four
Alvis Kennedy, Ward Five
Leila Barfield, Ward Seven
Robert Mitchell, Ward Eight
Kathy Pippin, At-Large No. 1
Glen Alford, At-Large No. 2
Absent: Richard Zarle, Ward Six.
AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION: Transportation requested for Gary Everritt to Cameron,
has cerebral palsy, needs wheelchair lift vehicle.
1. MEDTRANS contract amendment, $4,989.95 additional payment approved.
2. Damage claims denied: Anna Howell, Continental Loss Adjusting.
3. Res. 94-22 changing name of SW 15th Street between Lee Boulevard and Bishop
Rod to Jesse L. Davenport Street.
4. Ord. 94-11 repealing Ord. 94-7 on household/yard waste collection (no changes
from current set up).
5. Res. 94-23 amending acquisition map to D-6 urban renewal plan.
6. Accepted Quit Claim Deed from Comanche County for 15th & Park - Lot 9,
28, Waldman Addition. Add to list of property that has to be mowed.
7. Contracts with Oppenheim/Fagin approved.
8. Damage claim approved Donald Flack - $60 - when there are two and three
problems on a line something should be done.
9. HOME Investment Partnership Program Description approved.
10. Res. 94-24 on traffic control approved - signs for Fields & Dunning approved
11. Traffic control signs denied.
12. Oklahoma Tax Commission agreement change approved.
13. Attorney Robert Anderson to hire expert witnesses in White suit.
14. Agreement with Fort Sill Apache Tribe for water/sewer service terminated.
Easement not submitted - any action to acquire easement?
15. Change Order 2 with HBH, Inc. for North High Zone Distribution System
16. Change Order 1 with Aquatrol Corporation for SCADA approved.
17. Construction contract with Bruton Construction approved for NW 40th Street
18. Construction contract with OBC, Inc. approved for Country Club West Drainage
19. Accepted Storage Mezzanine Project at Museum with maintenance bond.
20. Accepted Transmission System Pumping Facilities with maintenance bond.
21. Collection of overdue utility bills: Retail Merchants.
22. Computer & Printer: PC Tech & Ken Wallis
23. Fire hydrant parts: Oklahoma Contractors Supply.
25. Contract Labor: Texhoma Temporaries.
26. SCU Equipment: Tactical Technologies
27. Bedding plants: Alexandria Nurseries.
28. Equipment Rental: ARA and Prime Equipment.
29. Mayors Appointments: Arts & Humanities: Carol Andronaco; Human
30. Payroll approved.
31. Dupler v. City & Puccino - Res. 94-26 approved settling case.
32. Leon Nix, Raymond Gates - Res. 94-25 approved settling case - $14,734.12.
33. C. J. Hall - authorized trial review and if necessary appeal to Supreme Court.
REPORTS: City Manager to see about having meeting with Postmaster about mail
boxes on right of way.
Brown said he hoped to have public hearing on April 26 about bikeway/pedestrian path.
Send information to Council regarding DEQ workshop on March 30.
Next Council workshop will be March 17, Thursday, at 5:30 p.m. at North Lawton
Community Center, 19th Taylor.
The meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.