Month 1993-10 October
Meeting of 1993-10-12 Regular Meeting
LAWTON CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
NOVEMBER 12, 1993 - 6:00 P.M.
COUNCIL CHAMBER - WAYNE GILLEY CITY HALL
John T. Marley, Mayor, Also Present:
Presiding Robert Hopkins, City Manager
Felix Cruz, City Attorney
Brenda Smith, City Clerk
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Mayor Marley. Notice of meeting and
were posted on the City Hall bulletin board as required by law.
Present: Jeffrey Sadler, Ward One
Michael Brown, Ward Two
Jerry Shelton, Ward Three
Jana Barker, Ward Four
Alvis Kennedy, Ward Five
Richard Zarle, Ward Six
Leila Barfield, Ward Seven
Robert Mitchell, Ward Eight
Glen Alford, At-Large No. 2
Absent: Kathy Pippin, At-Large No. 1
AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION: Bob Shanklin spoke regarding EPA fines.
1. Damage claim of Cecil Earl Wiggins approved for $392.
2. Denied rezoning 4005 W Gore from R-4 to C-1.
3. Ord. No. 93-37 rezoning NW 67th and Drakestone from R-4 to
4. Ord. No. 93-38 rezoning 5102 NW Wilfred Drive from C-2 to
5. CIP hearing held.
6. DOC 300 bed drug offenders workcamp proposal: Send proposal
only if approved by Cache
7. Communication Consultant for the Consolidated Emergency Dispatch
Center: Concepts to
Operations approved - return contract on Next Agenda.
8. 1993-1994 Enhancement Projects to be submitted to the Oklahoma
9. Ordinance No. 93-39 relating to nuisances approved.
10. Res. No. 93-114 Jackie Laroche Workers' Comp claim $13,412.50.
11. Street Light Res. No. 370.
12. Easement from Fox for street light in Terrace Hills.
13. Agreement for sale of treated water to Goodyear Tire &
14. Res. No. 93-115 establishing the Cache Road Beautification
15. Res. No. 93-116 establishing the City of Lawton Sentinel
16. Construction contract for the Highland Cemetery Road Overlay
Project (93-24) to H.G.
17. Change Order No. 5 with Atlas-Tuck Concrete for the NW 67th
18. Change Order No. 3 with Kent Waller Construction for the
1992 McMahon Park
Improvements Project (93-7).
19. Accepted Lee Boulevard Turnbay Project 93-11 as constructed
by H.G. Jenkins
Construction, Inc. and placed Maintenance Bond into effect.
20. Accepted 8" water line, two fire hydrants, easements
and a maintenance bond for property
located at 2309 SW Lee Boulevard.
21. Approved record plat for Crosby Park Addition, Part 9, accepted
fee in lieu of park land in
the amount of $487.50 and accepted escrow agreement in lieu of a maintenance bond. Shelton
said detention pond needed to be considered in this area.
22. Released escrow agreement for improvements and accepted a
maintenance bond from T &
G Construction for street improvements and an escrow agreement from Cross Construction for
water and sewer construction for Park Ridge Addition, Part 4.
23. Accepted easements, permanent and temporary, for the Ferris
Avenue Bridge Project from
Sheridan Square Associates of Lawton, a Limited Partnership, and Oklahoma Limited
Partnership, and authorized payment for same.
24. Accepted temporary easement for the 1990 Citywide Sanitary
Sewer Rehabilitation Project
93-6 in Block 3 of Heinz Addition.
25. Accepted warranty and roadway easement for a park site in
northeast Lawton from Doris
Winkelman and Cheryl Hodge and authorized payment, subject to correction in spelling of name.
26. Res. No. 93-117 declaring Necessity of right of way acquisition
for the Citywide Sewer
Rehab Project 93-6.
27. Awarded contract for real property appraisal of one parcel
to be used for the Citywide
Sewer Rehab Project 93-6 to Biggers & Associates.
28. Release and Discharge of reservations and restrictions on
deed issued by the City to Mabel
B. Huckleberry, Jack Cummins and Luther Bohannon approved.
29. Liquid and dry ferri-floc extended - Boliden Intertrade,
Inc. to 10/13/94 at same terms.
30. Sludge removal and disposal - Jennings Construction, Inc.
extended to 10/13/94 at same
31. Pest control services - Maddox Pest Control extended to 10/13/94
at same terms.
32. Dairy products - C & C Distributors.
33. Bakery products - Rainbo Baking Co.
34. Sedans - Edmond Dodge & Boyd Chevrolet with warranties.
35. Ammunition - Gulf States Distributors, Law Enforcement Equipment,
36. Rotary die sets - Athletic Die Co.
37. Mayor's Appointments: Human Rights - Baker, Gonzalez, Wright,
Ellis, Welsh, Zanbrano;
38. Payroll approved.
39. Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City and the
IUPA, Local 24, for FY 93-94 -
continue to negotiate.
40. Environmental Protection Agency claim - no action.
ADJOURNED AT: 8:35 p.m.