The City of Lawton is located in Southwest Oklahoma, in Comanche County, 90 miles southwest of Oklahoma City on Interstate 44. The Fort Sill Army post is located just to the north and adjacent to Lawton, and is part of the Lawton community. The Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge is located to the north and west of Lawton, and is a popular area attraction.
Lawton was founded August 6, 1901, when the last of the Indian lands in the Oklahoma Territory, the Kiowa-Comanche-Apache reservation, was opened by the federal government for settlement...more
|Population (from the 2010 census)|
|Detailed Lawton census data (PDF)|
|Detailed Comanche County census data (PDF)|
- Bishop Public School, Lawton
- Cache Public Schools
- Cameron University
- Flower Mound School, Lawton
- Great Plains Technology Center
- Lawton Christian School
- Lawton Public Schools
- St. Mary's Catholic School
Lawton's sister city is Güllesheim, Germany.
Dr. Rose Lepien is president of the Lawton-Güllesheim Sister City Group.